How to Eat More Plants
A Plant-Based diet focuses on foods primarily from plants like fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, oils, grains, beans and legumes. Some people eliminate all animal products (Vegetarian) and also all animal by-products (Vegan).
There is no "one-size-fits-all" approach to diet and nutrition. At Honey Bee Meals, our focus is on eating whole, unprocessed food. In other words, real food! For some, that includes animal products. For others, it does not. Whatever your choice, we all can agree that eating plants is good for us... science says so!
We have learned that diets that are abundant in plant foods are associated with lower risks of heart disease and lower blood sugar levels. Research also shows that it can help with weight management, reducing arthritic pain as well as possibly reducing the risk of certain cancers.
Shopping, chopping and cooking all of these wonderful fruits and vegetables can be daunting and certainly time consuming. Our prepared vegan meals and delivered vegetarian meals can help make your life a lot easier. We compose our vegan meal kits to ensure that they contain a lot of important nutrients. Our power bowls are loaded with healthy carbohydrates, plant-powered protein and heart-healthy fats. We've got your vegan meal delivery needs covered!
Here are some quick tips & tricks to incorporate more plant-powered foods into your diet:
- Eat greens at breakfast: try to add spinach or kale to a smoothie or scrambled eggs.
- Bake with veggies: you can disguise zucchini in almost anything! Try adding in your next banana bread... don't forget the chocolate chips!
- Replace ground beef with mushrooms: you'll be surprised at their "meaty" flavour! Dice them up, season and sautée in a pan for a taco filling.
- Try using lentils, chickpeas and beans as protein in your next meal
- Eat the rainbow! Colours are king. Ensure your plate has variety by focussing on the colours you see.