Healthy Snack & Dessert RECIPE
If you're craving something sweet, easy and delicious... look no further! These muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free and refined sugar free... just like our healthy prepared meals.
By using unrefined ingredients, these muffins not only taste good but are good for you... one of our specialities at Honey Bee Meals.
Grab your mixing bowls and measuring cups but don't worry: this recipe is easy and comes together in no-time.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 & 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tray with paper or silicone muffin cups. Spray with a bit of coconut oil for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients until combined: buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, oat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In the microwave, or on the stovetop, melt the coconut oil until liquid.
- In another bowl, mix wet ingredients: eggs, coconut oil, banana and vanilla until combined.
- Transfer wet mixture to the dry mixture and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop approx. 1/4 cup measures (65g) of raw batter into the muffin cups - making 12 muffins.
- Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on-top of each before baking.
- Bake at 350F for 30 approx. minutes until toothpick comes out clean.